Skills Development Program (SDP) Goals:
- Provide opportunity for club members to grow and improve their game
- Provide information and opportunities for competitive play
Whether you participate in one league a year or travel every weekend to bonspiels and competitive events, this group is for you. It will be an ongoing group throughout the year that can help you improve your game and have more fun getting plugged into the curling opportunities in our club and elsewhere. Some of the topics we will be going over are:
- Practice opportunities – How do I get more time on the ice and how can I make the best use of the time I get?
- Bonspiels – How do I find when bonspiels are and how do I find other curlers that would want to go to them?
- Special new events – Club Championship and Norcal Curling Series
- MOPAC and National Competitive events – MOPAC 5&Under, Arena Nationals, Club Nationals, Mixed and Mixed Doubles events, Senior events, USWCA events
Skills Development Practice Ice
This is unstructured open practice. Individuals or teams can choose to run drills, scenarios, short pickup games or whatever else will help them improve their game. Depending on the number of curlers, sheets may be shared with other curlers so be mindful to find activities that are productive for all curlers using the sheet. This ice time is open to all members. You do not have to be in league to sign up for this ice time. Signup on the SignUpGenius.